db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Lily Wei <lilyweide...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vote]Re: Should DERBY take advantage of infra's offer of some svn/JIRA integration
Date Fri, 31 May 2013 17:06:39 GMT
+1

Thanks,
Lily

On May 30, 2013, at 12:49 PM, Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com> wrote:

> On 5/30/13 9:23 AM, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
>> On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 5:24 AM, Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com <mailto:rick.hillegas@oracle.com>>
wrote:

>>    I agree with Knut that this is a procedural issue which could be
>>    handled by a lazy consensus vote:
>>    http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html . Although we've been
>>    discussing the topic for a couple days, we haven't done so under
>>    the aegis of a formal vote. Thanks to Myrna for offering to call
>>    the lazy consensus vote and then file the INFRA issue afterward.
>>    The vote will only add 72 hours of delay to the process.
>>
>>    Thanks,
>>    -Rick
>>

>> It's not actually clear to me whether for a lazy consensus vote on a procedural issue,
you should include 'vote' in the subject, but I did - I now officially state that if no one
objects within 3 days, I'll go ahead and log a JIRA issue for INFRA to implement the svn/jira
changes described on http://www.apache.org/dev/svngit2jira.html.

>> Note that this will only apply to commits going forward. Mike did ask infra about
going backwards, and they came back with the following:
>> "Someone should be able to whip up a script to
>> retroactively update jiras with commit information by adding comments...
>>
>> I don't think infra needs to be involved in this, even, except perhaps
>> if the script author will accidentally get himself banned for abuse."
>>
>> So if someone wants to figure out how to make such a script please volunteer, for
now this will only affect commits going forward.