db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Bergquist, Brett" <BBergqu...@canoga.com>
Subject RE: need some advice about regular expression syntax in ant
Date Fri, 17 May 2013 20:15:36 GMT
It depends :)

If the property "ant.regexp.regexpimpl" is not defined, it will default use the "org.apache.tools.ant.util.regexp.Jdk14RegexpRegexp"
implementation which is a wrapper for java.util.regex package.

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/regex/package-summary.html

and the pattern can be:

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/regex/Pattern.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Hillegas [mailto:rick.hillegas@oracle.com]
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2013 4:00 PM
To: derby-dev@db.apache.org
Subject: need some advice about regular expression syntax in ant

I am trying to convert the grammer to use generics. Unfortunately, our javacc turns out 1.4
java. That's mostly ok except for the places where the grammar spits out its own internal
machinery. Probably upgrading our version of javacc is a good long-term solution but I don't
want to pull on that ball of yarn right now if I don't have to. So I thought I could add another
regular expression filter to the grammar building target.

Specifically, I want to perform the following transformations on the generated SQLParser file:

    java.util.Vector -> java.util.Vector<Object>
    java.util.Enumeration -> java.util.Enumeration<Object>

I'm having difficulty tracking down the regular expression syntax used by the ant replaceregexp
task. Would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,
-Rick