db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: expected behavior when running 10.11 against jvm previous to 1.6?
Date Fri, 10 May 2013 19:16:35 GMT
thanks for the explanation, didn't realize it was going to be so
dramatic.  I am actually less worried if this is the case, what I did
not want to happen is for someone to seemingly boot fine and then just
have stuff mysteriously fail.

If someone has a easy good idea, fine, but not worth much effort.  At a
minimum we should just cut/paste the various errors you get when you try
to boot on wrong jvm into a release note and a JIRA entry so that a
search on the error could lead someone quickly to understanding what is
going on.  I'll add this todo to the release note issue I posted and
can take on the work once we are much closer to having a 10.11 release
with all the changes in.