db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [Java DB - testing] Error nightly 10.9 (rev 1462304)
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 08:17:38 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> writes:

> I noticed this because I think I did the last check-in to 10.9.
>
> However, it seems to me these failures are more of a jdk 1.8 issue as
> the failures are only with jdk 1.8. Or am I misinterpreting?

I think that's right. ClosedObjectTest and UnsupportedVetter
systematically test all JDBC interface methods, and since 10.9 doesn't
support JDBC 4.2, they need to be told to ignore those unsupported
methods in order to pass on JDK 8.

I'll take a look at ClosedObjectTest, since I've worked on it before.
I'm not so familiar with UnsupportedVetter.

--
Knut Anders