db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: [Db Wiki] Trivial Update of "FernandoO" by FernandoO
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 18:18:20 GMT
I logged INFRA-6125. I took a stab at some of the names, actually. Maybe
the admingroup is a little large now, but I thought it ok.
We can change it later if need be.

When implemented, we should update the wiki with a blurp on how folks get
to be added.
I can think of 2 approaches:
1. send a request to a select number of volunteers (who volunteers?)
2. send a request to derby-dev.

Checking over the 'recentchanges' looks like Knut got first to most of the
bad ones - thanks!

Myrna

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Myrna van Lunteren
<m.v.lunteren@gmail.com>wrote:

> I believe we've gotten all the bad ones...I've been keeping track.
> Any that aren't there we can strip off later.
>
> So we can go with what we have now and if there's any bad ones we can
> remove them later.
>
> I'll log an issue, citing all active committers & Jean (as she responded
> to this message) to start with.
>
> Myrna
>

> On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 6:47 AM, Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com>wrote:
>
>> On 3/29/13 8:47 AM, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:

>>> There is/are manual spammers who are creating these. The automated
>>> spammers cannot cope with answering the question, but at this point,
>>> our wiki is open to anyone...and the answers to the questions are
>>> easily found.
>>>
>>> After the first one, which Knut Anders deleted, *I* have been deleting
>>> them, but depending on how many we get I might get very tired of this.
>>> We may at one point think of implementing the restrictions other
>>> projects have gone to already - see:
>>>
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/**general/OurWikiFarm#per_wiki_**
>>> access_control_-_tighten_your_**wiki_just_a_little.2C_benefit_**