db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject problems deploying maven artifacts for 10.10.1.1
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2013 18:01:30 GMT
I hope that Kristian is still monitoring this mail group.

I am trying to deploy maven artifacts for 10.10.1.1 and am flummoxed
about what to do next. I am following the instructions in maven2/README.txt.

I have successfully finished steps (a) through (d). That is, I have
successfully completed the uploading of the signed artifacts. At least,
I think I've done that step successfully. I saw no error messages and I
received informational diagnostics like the following:

"Uploaded:
https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/org/apache/derby/derby/10.10.1.1/derby-10.10.1.1.jar

(2765 KB at 271.2 KB/sec)"

However, I am unable to locate the uploaded artifacts. If I paste the
above url into my browser and then give my Apache LDAP credentials, I
get the following error message:

"Staging of Repository within profile ID='288be52400f0b' is not yet
started!"

...and if I log onto Nexus at https://repository.apache.org/, I can't
locate a staging repository for the 10.10.1.1 artifacts as expected by
step (e) in README.txt.

Anyone know what I did wrong? Did I fail to RTFM? Is there a missing
step which isn't documented in README.txt and
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ReleasePublication? Has the process
changed since those two guides were written?

Thanks,
-Rick