db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject text of release announcement for 10.10.1.1
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2013 14:51:31 GMT
Here's what I have so far. Please help me improve this. I plan to
announce the release in the next day or two.

Thanks,
-Rick

--------------------------------

Derby 10.10.1.1 contains the following new features:

     * SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_INVALIDATE_STORED_STATEMENTS - Derby has a new
system procedure for invalidating stored prepared statements when you
think that your metadata queries or triggers are misbehaving--for
example if they throw a NoSuchMethodError on execution. See the section
on this new system procedure in the Derby Reference Manual.
     * Unencrypting databases - Encryption can be turned off on existing
databases. See the section on the decryptDatabase attribute in the Derby
Reference Manual.
     * Small device profile - Derby runs on the small CP2 profile of Java 8.
     * JDBC 4.2 - Derby supports the Java 8 enhancements to JDBC.
     * User-defined aggregates - Applications can create their own
aggregate operators. See the "CREATE DERBY AGGREGATE" section in the
Derby Reference Manual.
     * Varargs routines - SQL routines can be bound to user-written Java
methods which have variable length argument lists.
     * Optional tools - Derby has new, optional tools to support data
migration and metadata queries. See the "Optional tools" section in the
Derby Tools and Utilities Guide.

In addition, Derby 10.10.1.1 contains many bug, security, and
documentation fixes.

Please try out this new release.