db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2013 21:07:46 GMT
On 3/19/2013 6:57 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Please test-drive the candidate, then vote on whether to
> accept it as a Derby release. The candidate lives at:
> http://people.apache.org/~rhillegas/
> The polls close at 5:00 pm San Francisco time on Monday, April 8.
> is a feature release, described in greater detail here:
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenTenOneRelease
> Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.
> Regards,
> -Rick
my vote: +1

I have spent the extra week looking at regression test failures against
10.10 and trunk and am now satisfied that 10.10 can go out.  While we
are not at 0 failures on nightly testing, we are now I think as good
as we have been. I especially thank Knut for his help with DERBY-6092.

I also reviewed the 50 or so bugs reported just against 10.10 and trunk
for stopper regressions, and after the bug resolutions this week I
no longer consider what is left enough to stop the release.

  I do believe the
top of the 10.10 branch is now better than the release candidate, but
I am ok with releasing this candidate, and hopefully delivering a follow
on 10.10 release later this year.

Thanks rick for putting the release together, and for extending the
vote for extra testing.

View raw message