db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Christian Müller (JIRA) <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (DERBY-6069) Derby doesn't export the version number in its OSGI exported packages
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 17:31:15 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-6069?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13614333#comment-13614333
] 

Christian Müller commented on DERBY-6069:
-----------------------------------------

Thank you guys.
May I have a little bit more experience with OSGI. I also in contact with the Karaf and ServiceMix
guys who are the cracks. ;-)

[~bryanpendleton]: The issue I was facing is that Derby exports the packages without a version.
In OSGI world this means the package is exported with version 0.0.0.
1) This is simply wrong.
2) Other bundles like Spring JDBC use correct package import directives like 'org.apache.derby.jdbc;resolution:=optional;version="[10.5.0,
11.0.0)"'. But the version '0.0.0' Derby exports isn't in this range. This means Spring JDBC
cannot resolve this dependency which ends up in a ClassNotFoundException.
Fortunately the ServiceMix guys extract, enrich and rebundle the Derby jars and provide OSGIfied
versions of it which I can use (this issue isn't urgent anymore for me): http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails|org.apache.servicemix.bundles|org.apache.servicemix.bundles.derby|10.9.1.0_1|bundle
They use the maven-shade-plugin to extract the derby, derbyclient and derbynet jars and the
maven-bundle-plugin to enrich it with the OSGI meta data.
                
> Derby doesn't export the version number in its OSGI exported packages
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DERBY-6069
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-6069
>             Project: Derby
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 10.9.1.0, 10.8.3.0
>            Reporter: Christian Müller
>              Labels: osgi
>         Attachments: MANIFEST.MF
>
>
> Derby doesn't export the version number in its OSGI exported packages. See the following
exports:
> {noformat}
> karaf@root> headers 259
> Apache Derby 10.8 (259)
> -----------------------
> Manifest-Version = 1.0
> Ant-Version = Apache Ant 1.7.0
> Class-Path = derbyLocale_cs.jar derbyLocale_de_DE.jar derbyLocale_es.jar derbyLocale_fr.jar
derbyLocale_hu.jar derbyLocale_it.jar derbyLocal
> e_ja_JP.jar derbyLocale_ko_KR.jar derbyLocale_pl.jar derbyLocale_pt_BR.jar derbyLocale_ru.jar
derbyLocale_zh_CN.jar derbyLocale_zh_TW.jar
> Sealed = true
> Created-By = 2.4 (IBM Corporation)
> Bundle-Vendor = Apache Software Foundation
> Bundle-Activator = org.apache.derby.osgi.EmbeddedActivator
> Bundle-Name = Apache Derby 10.8
> Bundle-SymbolicName = derby
> Bundle-Version = 10.8.3000000.1405108
> Bundle-ManifestVersion = 2
> DynamicImport-Package =
>         *
> Export-Package =
>         org.apache.derby.authentication,
>         org.apache.derby.database,
>         org.apache.derby.io,
>         org.apache.derby.jdbc,
>         org.apache.derby.vti
> {noformat}
> {noformat}
> karaf@root> headers 250
> Apache Derby 10.9 (250)
> -----------------------
> Manifest-Version = 1.0
> Ant-Version = Apache Ant 1.7.1
> Class-Path = derbyLocale_cs.jar derbyLocale_de_DE.jar derbyLocale_es.jar derbyLocale_fr.jar
derbyLocale_hu.jar derbyLocale_it.jar derbyLocal
> e_ja_JP.jar derbyLocale_ko_KR.jar derbyLocale_pl.jar derbyLocale_pt_BR.jar derbyLocale_ru.jar
derbyLocale_zh_CN.jar derbyLocale_zh_TW.jar
> Sealed = true
> Created-By = 20.6-b01-415 (Apple Inc.)
> Bundle-Vendor = Apache Software Foundation
> Bundle-Activator = org.apache.derby.osgi.EmbeddedActivator
> Bundle-Name = Apache Derby 10.9
> Bundle-SymbolicName = derby
> Bundle-Version = 10.9.1000000.1344872
> Bundle-ManifestVersion = 2
> DynamicImport-Package =
>         *
> Export-Package =
>         org.apache.derby.authentication,
>         org.apache.derby.database,
>         org.apache.derby.io,
>         org.apache.derby.jdbc,
>         org.apache.derby.vti
> {noformat}
> This leads to problems, if other bundles imports derby packages with a specific version
or version range (like spring-jdbc do):
> {noformat}
> karaf@root> headers 251
> Spring JDBC (251)
> -----------------
> Manifest-Version = 1.0
> ...
> Import-Package =
>         ...
>         org.apache.derby.impl.io;resolution:=optional;version="[10.5.0, 11.0.0)",
>         org.apache.derby.jdbc;resolution:=optional;version="[10.5.0, 11.0.0)",
> ...
> {noformat}

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

Mime
View raw message