db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Bergquist, Brett" <BBergqu...@canoga.com>
Subject RE: Where to look in the code to find out why XA transactions and database locks are not be cleaned up
Date Sat, 16 Mar 2013 23:32:24 GMT
Thanks Bryan.   Got the sane build but did not know how to turn the tracing.  I found a page
on the wiki that related to this.

Unfortunately, when I turned on the tracing, the problem goes away so that pretty much is
a good indication that there is a multi-threading problem relating to timing.  The with XA
timeout, the XA transaction is being canceled on the timer thread.  There does not seem to
be much synchronization locking on the normal connection processing thread so I am wondering
if there is a problem between the two.

I do appreciate you taking the time to answer.

Brett

From: Bryan Pendleton [bpendleton.derby@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2013 7:02 PM
To: derby-dev@db.apache.org
Subject: Re: Where to look in the code to find out why XA transactions and database locks
are not be cleaned up

On 03/16/2013 12:08 PM, Bergquist, Brett wrote:
> Is there any documentation on how “SanityManager.DEBUG” or how to build so that this
is applicable?

Here's the docs on that:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/derby/code/trunk/BUILDING.html?view=co#Customized Build

Basically, put

        sane=true

into

        ~/ant.properties

and you should get a sane build.

I think that a sane build should be the default, though, so I'm a bit surprised
if your build isn't already a sane build.

thanks,

bryan