db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: first draft of 10.10.1 release notes ready for review
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 08:47:57 GMT

,----
|  Java and JDBC versions supported:
|
|     Java SE 5 and higher with 3.0, 4.0, 4.1, and 4.2.
`----

Perhaps put in "JDBC" before "3.0" for extra clarity?

Under "New Features": Change "NoSuchMethod error" to
"NoSuchMethodError"?

> A detailed release note needs to be written for the following issue:
>
>     5578    Provide a way to invalidate stored prepared statements

I don't see that this new feature needs a release note. Listing it under
"New Features" should be sufficient (and we already do that). Just
remove the release note flag from the JIRA issue?

> I was also confused by the release notes for the following issues.
> They seem practically identical. Do we need both of these release
> notes?
>
>     5996    Hard upgrade to Derby 10.10 will create readme files named
> "README_DO_NOT_TOUCH_FILES.txt".
>
>     5232    Derby will create readme files in the database directories.

The latter has a release note attached, but it doesn't have the Release
Note Needed flag, so the release note generator should probably not have
picked it up in the first place. In any case, the comments in 5232
suggest that the release note is not intended for inclusion, and that it
is covered by the 5996 release note.

--
Knut Anders