db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dag Wanvik <dag.wan...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Why is the optimizer choosing such a bad path
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2013 02:50:22 GMT

On 28.03.2013 22:32, Bergquist, Brett wrote:
> Okay, I finally figured out that " CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_STATISTICS_TIMING(1);" is
required.  Now from the name which has "timing" in it, one (or at least I) would not think
that this would affect the returning of the optimizer estimates.  I guess I naively assumed
this would affect the reporting of the compile and execution times.  Maybe the documentation
needs to be fixed here.
Interesting. In my little test program I saw the same estimates with and
without setting the timing collection. Does anyone know why this should
be the case? If you can repro this, I'd be happy to file a JIRA bug, or
feel free to do it yourself. Initial category should probably be
documentation.

Thanks,
Dag