db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Katherine Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Question about import of foreignViews
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 13:50:43 GMT
I have been playing with the foreignViews optional tool in buddy testing
Derby -> Derby  which is very convenient! I was wondering, would there
be some quick trick to importing/migrating that data given the views are
in place or would that require another tool?

The reason I ask is that from time to time I have to migrate data from
one (usually corrrupt) Derby db to another.  I use dblook and
import/export but it would be nice to have something builtin to
rebuild/migrate a database  for which I could give instructions and not
a java program or do it myself.   I think the foreignViews will make the
data portion much easier as I can run  dblook to create the schema the
foreignViews tool for the views, and then INSERT INTO <LocalTAble>
SELECT * FROM <Foreign Table> without creating the external files of
import/export but I wonder if there is a trick to do the INSERT INTO
step  for all the tables in the existing tool structure.  I think maybe
an importForeignViews tool would be needed for this, but thought I would
check if I am missing something.

View raw message