db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Is there a way to dump all the plans considered by optimizer into log?
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 20:48:14 GMT
I have added an optional tool for turning on optimizer tracing and
dumping the traces to the console. This was patch
derby-6022-06-aa-optimizerTracing.diff, committed at subversion revision
1454537. Here's how you use this optional tool:

-- turn on optimizer tracing
call syscs_util.syscs_register_tool( 'optimizerTracing', true );

select columnname from sys.systables t, sys.syscolumns c where t.tableid
= c.referenceid and t.tablename = 'SYSALIASES';

-- dump the optimizer trace and turn off optimizer tracing
call syscs_util.syscs_register_tool( 'optimizerTracing', false );

I don't have strong feelings about whether we should document this tool
in the user guides.

Thanks,
-Rick