db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From mvarvil <mvar...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Logging indexes used by queries
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 16:45:34 GMT
What classes and methods could you point me to such that I could log the
index ultimately used by the optimizer?

My objective is to identify useless and extraneous indexes in the database.
I would like to capture a list of indexes used by the database while it is
in use by an application over a period of time.   Comparing the list against
ALL the indexes created in the system should provide a starting point for
identifying extraneous indexes.

Alternatively, perhaps one might recommend enabling a logger class that
outputs this information already.

Enabling logQueryPlan is my least favorite idea, because of its verbosity.
I'm open to other ideas too.

Thanks.
Mark