db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From mvarvil <mvar...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Log indexes used by queries
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 19:44:36 GMT
What class/method could you point me to such that I could log the index
selected and used by the optimizer?  (I might be overreaching, as perhaps
there isnt a single class that I can modify)

*My objective* is to identify useless and extraneous indexes in the
database.   I would like to capture a list of indexes used by the database
while it is in use by an application over a period of time.   Comparing the
list against ALL the indexes created in the system should provide a starting
point for identifying extraneous indexes.

Alternatively, perhaps one might recommend enabling a logger class that
outputs this information already.

Enabling logQueryPlan is my least favorite idea, because of its verbosity.
I'm open to other ideas too.

Thanks.
Mark