db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From drv <drvyv...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Limitations of Table Functions vs. old VTIs?
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 16:30:12 GMT
Hi Rick -

My mistake with the package name requirement with 10.8. VTIs still need to
reside in "com.ibm.db2j".
I'm surprised because from memory I thought that was no longer the case... -
maybe the restriction had only omitted by mistake with some re-factoring in
an intermediary version..

Thank you for the context handle tip.. I'll give that a go for now to try
and get the info we need.
I'll raise a feature request for more info to be passed through "officially"
in future too - perhaps via an extensible structure.. e.g.
HashMap<key->Object> where keys are constants on some class and can be added
easily between releases...

Unfortunately we have no way to solve the rigid "static table shape" issue
yet...

Regards
David