db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From drv <drvyv...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Limitations of Table Functions vs. old VTIs?
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 17:28:31 GMT
I just came across another problem -

The old VTIs passed predicates in a Qualifier[][] object which holds a
representation of the predicates re-ordered in conjunctive normal form. I
have many methods that process this Qualifier[][] structure.

Now however, the initScan() method on the RestrictedVTI interface passes
predicates in a recursive tree of Restriction objects. The predicates in
this structure are not re-ordered. The tree structure just matches the
original bracketing of ANDed and ORed expressions in the query.

My question is - are there any public utility methods in Derby for
converting the top level Restriction object into a Qualifier[][]? I haven't
found any yet. Or is there a simple way of just doing it myself?

Thanks again -
David