db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Myrna van Lunteren (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (DERBY-5977) Run storemore and possibly other store .sql tests in junit harness using ScriptTest mechanism.
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 22:17:12 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5977?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Myrna van Lunteren updated DERBY-5977:
--------------------------------------

    Attachment: DERBY-5977_2.diff
                DERBY-5977_2.stat

Attaching a patch which I think is viable for commit.

I resolved the dataSource/connect issues a long time ago, by fiddling with the SystemPropertyTestSetup.

The patch is pretty big because of resulting -IMO- acceptable changes to the .out files:
- As a result of running the sql scripts through the junit ScriptTest mechanism, there seems
to be an extra connection, so that the changes to the .out files are substantial in some cases
(because every 'ij>' now turns into ij>(CONNECTION1').
- run resource - I had to fully qualify the (sub)sql file names.
- there were extra blank lines in the output that I think the old test harness was filtering
away.

Finally I was left with a failure only when running suites.All. I would see a number of XSCB6
error in store.AccessTest as run in the EncryptionSuite. (running AccessTest directly after
StoreScriptTest in store._Suite did not result in such a failure). After narrowing down, I
found it was caused by running databaseProperties.sql first.
Adding a rollback to databaseProperties.sql changed the number of test failures in AccessTest
in EncryptionSuite. Setting derby.storage.pageSize to NULL in the teardown method of StoreScriptTest
did not change that; adding a call to set it to NULL in the .sql file only increased the number
of failing test cases in AccessTest (in EncryptionSuite).
So once I identified which sql file caused the problem, I commented out databaseProperties
from the StoreScriptsTest, and now suites.All runs cleanly in my environment (I tested with
ibm 1.6 and weme6.2). I intend to look into this further after commit.

(XSBC6 error:  Limitation: Record of a btree secondary index cannot be updated or inserted
due to lack of space on the page.  Use the parameters derby.storage.pageSize and/or derby.storage.pageReservedSpace
to work around this limitation)

 
                
> Run storemore and possibly other store .sql tests in junit harness using ScriptTest mechanism.
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DERBY-5977
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5977
>             Project: Derby
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: Test
>            Reporter: Myrna van Lunteren
>            Assignee: Myrna van Lunteren
>         Attachments: DERBY-5977_1.diff, DERBY-5977_1.stat, DERBY-5977_2.diff, DERBY-5977_2.stat
>
>
> There are a number of .sql tests in the storemore suite, which might be able to in the
junit framework through a scriptTest. 
> They can still be fully converted at a later stage if we need more control.
>  

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

Mime
View raw message