db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mamta Satoor <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about setting a database property only for one test fixture rather than the entire junit test
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 06:38:16 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to set a database property only for
one test fixture within a junit test with many test fixtures. I
recently added a test fixture xtestDerby6045 in
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.InListMultiProbeTest(I
have purposely named it to start with an x because the test will fail
until DERBY-6045 is fixed) and in that fixture, I would like to
disable background update statistics for it setting the property
derby.storage.indexStats.auto to false. The other fixtures in
InListMultiProbeTest should not have background update statistics
disabled for them. I would appreciate any pointers regarding this. I
looked at some of the existing junit suites and see that the various
property settings are done for the entire suite and not just one
fixture.

thanks,
Mamta