db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mamta Satoor <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Is there a way to dump all the plans considered by optimizer into log?
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 21:20:42 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to dump all the plans considered by
the optimizer. I realize that it can be a huge output since optimizer
can be going through many different plan options but it will be a good
information to have when looking at why one plan was picked over the
other. I am particularly looking for this info for DERBY-6045. Knut
mentioned in DERBY-6011 that he enabled optimizer tracing to test out
a script and compared two plans for a given query. I will look further
into code to see how to enable optimizer trace but wanted to check on
the list if Knut or anyone recalls on how to enable the optimizer
tracing?

thanks,
Mamta