db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: odd javadoc output since Friday, Feb 7, 2013
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 18:11:36 GMT
On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 7:37 AM, Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com> wrote:
> Thanks for noticing this, Myrna. As Kristian noted, these warnings are
> caused by the fact that the Java 7 javadoc tool can't find new Java 8
> classes in java.sql. Those classes are referenced by the JDBC 4.2 support
> added by DERBY-6000. I have checked in derby-6000-13-aa-fixJavadoc.diff at
> subversion revision 1445196. That fixes the javadoc build for me on Java 7.
>
> Note that the javadoc does not build cleanly on Java 8. It spews pages of
> warnings about missing @param and @throws annotations. I think that is a
> separate problem which I will need to tackle later on.
>
> Thanks,
> -Rick

Hi Rick,

Thanks for fixing the previous warnings. However, now the javadoc
build fails, with the following:
[path_to_trunk]\build.xml:1388: Javadoc failed: java.io.IOException:
Cannot run program "[path_to_ibm16jvm]\bin\javadoc.exe": CreateProcess
error=206, The filename or extension is too long.

Do you see this with Oracle jvms?

Thx,
Myrna