db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [Java DB - testing] Error continuous 10.9 (rev 1451023)
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 18:49:37 GMT
On 2/28/13 8:38 AM, Mamta Satoor wrote:
> As per "Test report:
> http://download.java.net/javadesktop/derby/javadb-5573355-report/"
> (http://download.java.net/javadesktop/derby/javadb-5573355-report/%27),
> the exceptions with amd64_jdk7 are for junit tests in
> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.management and they all
> seem to be as follows
>
> java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 10.163.184.120;
> nested exception is:
> 	java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out"
>
> Could this be a machine issue? I can do a dummy checkin into 10.9 by
> adding some comment into the code which will fire the tests again on
> 10.9(it looks like Sun's machine will fire a 10.9 run only if there is
> a checkin on that codeline).
>
> I will also file a jira for this.
>
> thanks,
> Mamta
>
>> I see that after my backport for DERBY-6053 into 10.9, number of junit
>> tests(50) have failed with amd64_jdk7 on 10.9 codeline. Interestingly,
>> the tests passed with ia32_jdk5 and ia32_jdk6. They also passed with
>> ibm1.7 on my machine before the checkin so I am not sure what is the
>> reason behind the failures with amd64_jdk7. I am looking into it.
>>
>> thanks,
>> Mamta
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 2:21 AM,<ingemar.aberg@oracle.com>  wrote:
>>> Java DB testing and reporting infrastructure.
>>>
>>> Error continuous 10.9 (rev 1451023)
>>>
>>> 50 errors.
>>>
>>> Test report:  http://download.java.net/javadesktop/derby/javadb-5573355-report/
Hi Mamta,

This looks like an environmental problem in the Oracle test lab which
runs these tests. A subsequent test run (triggered by a later checkin)
appears to have run cleanly. The instability in the test lab needs to be
addressed. I'm afraid I can't tell you when the lab will stabilize.

Thanks,
-Rick