db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Me <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: removing the Japanese and Portuguese variants of our user docs
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 21:50:29 GMT

On Jan 17, 2013, at 5:36 PM, Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com> wrote:

> Every couple years we wonder whether we should continue to publish the unmaintained Japanese
and Portuguese variants of our user docs. At this point, these variants look so out-of-date
to me that I recommend removing them from our website and our future release distributions.
We can leave them in the docs svn repository in case someone wants to dust them off and bring
them up-to-date.

> I volunteer to do the work of removing them from the website and from the release generation
process on the trunk. Does anyone object? Does anyone see a compelling reason to continue
publishing these variants?

> Thanks,
> -Rick

+1 to removing them.
      In fact, I think we only should have released them with the last release where they
were updated...