db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mvn deploy of 10.8.3 artifacts is failing...
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 19:26:45 GMT
On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 7:07 AM, Kristian Waagan
<kristian.waagan@oracle.com> wrote:
> On 10.01.2013 12:17, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to deploy the 10.8.3 artifacts to the maven repository
>> following the instructions in
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/branches/10.8/maven2/README.txt
>> &  the ReleasePublication page.
>

> Hi Myrna,
>
> Did you specify the server-tag in settings.xml? I updated the README with
> some additional information in revision 1433353, such that people don't have
> to consult the parent POM to get the correct id.
> Does this help you, or is something else wrong?
> I see HTTP 401 errors in your output below, which suggests that
> authentication didn't work.
>
> I was able to deploy to Nexus from Windows using the Windows command prompt,
> and it also worked in Cygwin. In case you want to use it, I've left the
> staging repos in Nexus. You can either verify the contents (i.e. verify that
> the JARs actually are the 10.8.3. JARs) and publish it, or you can drop it
> and use your own if you get things working.
>

> Regards,
> --
> Kristian

Hi Kristian,

I finally got back to this - and indeed, I had not correctly modified
settings.xml.
Rather than fiddle more with it at this late time, I decided to check
on the contents of what you had staged in nexus, and as it looked good
to me (following the expected contents from the README.txt and
comparing with 10.9.1.0 entries), I released the staging version for
10.8.3.0.
It has not shown up yet in the central Maven repository
(http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/derby/), so I hope I did
this correctly.

Myrna