db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject text for release announcement for 10.8.3.0
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 22:00:14 GMT
Hi,

After the delays in publishing because of the move to CMS of the
website, Kathey contacted me to take over because she did not have
time, and then I ran into troubles and a family emergency.
But finally, I think I took all the remaining steps before the
announcement. So, the next step is the announcement. It's a little
strange as we made the release quite a while ago...

I'd like to finish the last few steps soon, so I'd like any feedback
by tomorrow...

Here's the text I propose to send out:
The Apache Derby project is pleased to announce maintenance release
10.8.3.0. This is a bug fix release following the 10.8.2.2 release.

Apache Derby is a subproject of the Apache DB project. Derby is a pure
Java relational database engine which conforms to the ISO/ANSI SQL and
JDBC standards. Derby aims to be easy for developers and end-users to
work with.

Derby 10.8.3.0 can be obtained from the Derby download site:

   http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html.

Please consider upgrading earlier 10.8 releases to this.
Note also, that all fixes in this release are also implemented in the
10.9.1.0 release, released earlier in 2012.

Thx,
Myrna