db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <kristian.waa...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Draft Release Notes for 10.8.3
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 10:01:09 GMT
On 12.11.2012 18:31, Katherine Marsden wrote:
> On 11/11/2012 10:10 AM, Kristian Waagan wrote:
>>
>> Hi Kathey,
>>
>> Any specific reason why you're still using your own filter? If you
>> specify -1 the tool will use JQL (the JIRA query language) directly.
>> Just wondering if the tool is broken in some way and needs fixing. Or
>> maybe the documentation needs to be improved?
>>

> I just didn't know!  I was following the process at:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ReleaseNoteProcess?action=recall&rev=20

I got around to update the page after working on DERBY-6043 [1].

> Which I changed a bit yesterday to remove the part about saving the
> filtered contents to fixedBugsList.xml as that seemed to be generated
> as part of the command, but  the instructions are still off.  They do
> not include the -1 bit and also  there is more info on generating
> fixedBugsList.xml before running ant genrelnotes.

Note that running 'ant genrelnotes' updates fixedBugList.txt. I just
removed the info on fixedBugsList.xml. Maybe that the data file from the
previous process, i.e. when you had to use ReportParser?

--
Kristian

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-6043