On 26.12.2012 18:54, aniderbian wrote:
thanks for replying,  I dont see  StatementFinder.java class in attachment. where will I get this java file?

It's part of "tools.jar":  org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.StatementFinder

Thanks,
Dag

--Ani
Pl Save the environment. Please don't print this email unless you really need to.

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 8:08 PM, Rick Hillegas-3 [via Apache Database] <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 12/23/12 7:20 PM, Dag Wanvik wrote:

> On 18.12.2012 19:16, aniderbian wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I am running a windows batch  script in which I have a need to fire  below
>> command
>> *java -jar ..\db-derby-10.9.1.0-lib\lib\derbyrun.jar ij sql_file.txt *.
>>
>> Now after firing above command I want to check return exit status  to
>> capture  the success/failure of it .
>>
>> Or if there is any alternative  way to achieve this please suggest.
>>
>> Thanks
> As far as I know, there is no such feature, the exit code is that of the
> Java VM exiting, so it would normally be 0.
> You probably want to know the success or failure of individual SQL
> statements in the script. Presently there is no feature to easily
> capturing those and relaying the results back to the OS invocation level
> of ij. IJ scripting is very basic.
> If you need such status codes, you'd probably be better off writing a
> small JDBC application.
>
> Thanks,
> Dag
You may be able to use the StatementReader program attached to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5690. This program parses an
ij script into individual statements so that you can run them
individually and track their status.

Hope this helps,
-Rick