db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From aniderbian <jadhao.anirud...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exit value of ij tool on command prompr
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2012 12:37:11 GMT
i have got success in parsing the script using StatementReader. Now I can
get each statement separately of the script file but I doubt if it serves
my purpose.

My script file is
----
connect 'jdbc:derby:../../target/sample;create=false';

CREATE  TABLE app_version (
  app_version VARCHAR(45) NOT NULL ,
  script_no VARCHAR(45) DEFAULT NULL ,
  script_status VARCHAR(45) DEFAULT NULL
  );

insert into app_version values('2.0','1','SUCCESS');
-----
My purpose is to check the status of the above script whether it runs or
fails . How will I achieve this using the StatementReader class. How will I
execute an individual statement using IJ in java? If you would be having an
handy sample code , would really help .

Thanks
--Ani
Pl Save the environment. Please don't print this email unless you really
need to.

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 6:16 AM, Dag Wanvik [via Apache Database] <
ml-node+s10148n126081h43@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

> On 26.12.2012 18:54, aniderbian wrote:
>
> thanks for replying,  I dont see  StatementFinder.java class in
> attachment. where will I get this java file?
>

> It's part of "tools.jar":  org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.StatementFinder
>
> Thanks,
> Dag
>

>  --Ani
> Pl Save the environment. Please don't print this email unless you really
> need to.
>

> On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 8:08 PM, Rick Hillegas-3 [via Apache Database] <[hidden
> email] <http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=126076&i=0>> wrote:

>>  below
>> *.

>> > As far as I know, there is no such feature, the exit code is that of
>> the
>> > Java VM exiting, so it would normally be 0.
>> > You probably want to know the success or failure of individual SQL
>> > statements in the script. Presently there is no feature to easily
>> > capturing those and relaying the results back to the OS invocation
>> level
>> > of ij. IJ scripting is very basic.
>> > If you need such status codes, you'd probably be better off writing a
>> > small JDBC application.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Dag
>>  You may be able to use the StatementReader program attached to
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5690. This program parses an
>> ij script into individual statements so that you can run them
>> individually and track their status.
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>> -Rick
>> Nabble.com.

>> .
>> NAML<http://apache-database.10148.n7.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Nabble.com.