db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dag Wanvik <dag.wan...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Exit value of ij tool on command prompr
Date Mon, 24 Dec 2012 03:20:38 GMT

On 18.12.2012 19:16, aniderbian wrote:
> Hello,
> I am running a windows batch  script in which I have a need to fire  below
> command
> *java -jar ..\db-derby-10.9.1.0-lib\lib\derbyrun.jar ij sql_file.txt *.
>
> Now after firing above command I want to check return exit status  to
> capture  the success/failure of it .
>
> Or if there is any alternative  way to achieve this please suggest.
>
> Thanks
As far as I know, there is no such feature, the exit code is that of the
Java VM exiting, so it would normally be 0.
You probably want to know the success or failure of individual SQL
statements in the script. Presently there is no feature to easily
capturing those and relaying the results back to the OS invocation level
of ij. IJ scripting is very basic.
If you need such status codes, you'd probably be better off writing a
small JDBC application.

Thanks,
Dag