db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <amania...@apache.org>
Subject derbydump equivalent of mysqldump
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 06:58:16 GMT
I understand that such a thing does not exist, and I need to write one for my own needs. Does
anyone have any pointers on where to start with this? What I want is output of SQL commands
to create the database, tables, indices, etc and also insert statements for all the data.
We need to migrate some Derby data to another database and this appears the simplest approach.

Would such a feature be a useful contribution toward the project, or should we just work on
this outside Apache?

Cheers
Ari

--