db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Error message during system test, I think expected, but...
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2012 19:28:59 GMT
Hi,

During the run against 10.8.3.0 of the nstest client/server system
test, which retries to connect to a backed-up database with a bad
password, generating XBM06 errors, I also see the following in
derby.log:

Mon Nov 05 03:21:36 PST 2012
Thread[derby.index-stat-thread,5,derby.daemons] {istat} shutting down
daemon, 50 consecutive errors seen
java.lang.IllegalStateException: degraded state
        at org.apache.derby.impl.services.daemon.IndexStatisticsDaemonImpl.processingLoop(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.services.daemon.IndexStatisticsDaemonImpl.run(Unknown
Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)

Note that while there are indeed repeated XBM06 errors regarding
connect to restored database, the test merrily continues to prattle to
the active database without any errors.
On checking the saved output from my 10.8.2.2 and 10.9.1.0 run, I can
see the same behavior there.

I think this is likely expected behavior, but can anyone confirm/correct?

Thx,
Myrna