db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Have Derby Network Server having an out of memory (PermGen)
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 14:26:16 GMT
Thanks for starting this interesting thread, Brett. One comment inline...

On 11/23/12 4:39 AM, Bergquist, Brett wrote:

> I know I have not take into consideration the table functions column name restriction
in the initScan which I will eventually get to.   What would be useful I think would be to
also possibly pass in the ORDER BY restriction and have the table function to be able to signal
that it can return an ordered result set.   This might make it possible to optimize any sorting
that might be required if the returned result set were known to be ordered.
I have logged an enhancement request to track this useful suggestion:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-6004#comment-13503794.

Thanks,
-Rick