db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Have Derby Network Server having an out of memory (PermGen)
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 18:46:15 GMT
On 11/21/2012 6:58 AM, Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> "Bergquist, Brett" <BBergquist@canoga.com> writes:
>> Yes, the statement cache size has been increased to 50K statements so
>> that might be an issue. Maybe the PermGen space will need to be
>> increased because of that. The documentation is not clear which type
I am not an expert in this area, is there any case where we expect the
re-execution of the same query to need to generate a different entry
in the statement cache?  If so, then any such query is likely to flood
the statement cache and make it useless.  If you have a complete test
case showing this it would be worth filing a jira.

I have to say I was surprised at the 50k setting for statement cache,
definitely do not think that kind of size was in mind when it was
developed.  If the cache was working correctly would your application
really generate 50k different queries which you expected to be executed
more than once?

View raw message