db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <krist...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Draft Release Notes for 10.8.3
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2012 21:14:41 GMT
On 25.10.2012 16:53, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> On 10/24/12 4:13 PM, Katherine Marsden wrote:
>> Hello Derby-dev,
>>
>> Attached are the draft release notes for 10.8.3.   They actually say
>> 10.8.2.3 because until I merge the versions the tool cannot be
>> generated with  10.8.3 as the release version.
>>

>> Please review.   I do have one question on the tool and generation.
>> The output says one issue was "disqualified".  Is there a simple way
>> to tell which one and why are issues disqualified? Is it because the
>> issue is also marked fixed in an earlier version?
> Hi Kathey,
>
> Yes, that is my understanding of what that diagnostic means. This
> message comes from the persistFilterResult() method of
> tools/release/jirasoap/src/main/java/org/apache/derbyBuild/jirasoap/FilteredIssueLister.java.

> I believe this is the code which counts the qualified issues:
>
>             // This will throw exception if the target version isn't
> in the list
>             // of fix versions, and return null if the issue has been
> dis-
>             // qualified because it has already been fixed in an
> ancestor.
>             String fixVersions =
> stringifyAndCheckFixVersions(ri.getKey(),
>                     ri.getFixVersions(), excludeList, targetVersion);
>             if (fixVersions == null) {
>                 continue;
>             }
>
> I don't see any easy way of getting the extra information you want
> other than putting some extra diagnostics inside that code block.

Hi,

You can add a little more diagnostics by specifying
-DreportDisqualifications=true:

[jirasoapclient] fetching versions
[jirasoapclient] executing JQL query: project = DERBY AND resolution =
fixed AND
  fixversion in ("10.8.1.2")
[jirasoapclient] persisting issues (188 candidate issues)
[jirasoapclient] DERBY-4911 disqualified, already fixed in 10.7.1.1
[jirasoapclient] DERBY-4908 disqualified, already fixed in 10.7.1.1
[jirasoapclient] DERBY-4904 disqualified, already fixed in 10.7.1.1
[jirasoapclient] DERBY-4903 disqualified, already fixed in 10.7.1.1
[jirasoapclient] DERBY-4315 disqualified, already fixed in 10.7.1.1
[jirasoapclient] wrote 183 issues, 8 with release notes, 5 issues
disqualified

I think there was no positive feedback on this diagnostics when the tool
was implemented, which is probably why it's only documented in the help
text for FilteredIssueLister (and not in the ant task/wrapper).
At this time I think there is only one possible cause for
disqualification, which may be another reason why the property hasn't
been properly documented.

--
Kristian