db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: HTML books missing from release build and Sanity check of signatures and such
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 16:51:01 GMT
On 11/2/12 9:29 AM, Katherine Marsden wrote:
> I posted my first try at rc1 at:
> http://people.apache.org/~kmarsden/derby10.8.3rc1try1/
>
> I think the only problem with this   is that  the single file  html
> books are  missing.
Hi Kathey,

We removed the monohtml books due to licensing issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5587.
> The doc building instructions refer to a monohtml target for building
> this but I don't see it.
> http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/dita.html
Looks like we need to update that page and remove the references to
monohtml.

> It was not built with the release target and  I don't see any errors
> relating to even trying to build it.
>
> So how do I build the html books?
As long as we have pdf and the frames html version, we should be good to
go. Of course, we should verify that the top level release page doesn't
refer to monohtml books anymore.

Thanks,
-Rick