db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Draft Release Notes for 10.8.3
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 08:41:28 GMT
Dag Wanvik <dag.wanvik@oracle.com> writes:

> On 25.10.2012 01:13, Katherine Marsden wrote:
>     Note for DERBY-5564: The SQL state of the error returned from a
>     lock timeout when the property "derby.locks.deadlockTrace=true" is
>     set will return 40XL1 rather than 40XL2. 40XL1 is the documented
>     SQL state for lock timeouts returned from Derby.
> Good to warn that this has changed, but reading it again, do we had a
> policy of documenting the exact SQL states? If we now do, when did
> that change? (I believe we didn't in the past.)

The 10.0 reference manual had a list of common SQL states:

The list doesn't include lock timeout (40XL1), but that state was
mentioned other places in the reference manual:

And in the developer's guide:

The latter also documents the now removed 40XL2 state.

In fact, the developer's guide still documents the 40XL2 state here:

I'll file a bug report to get that cleaned up.

Knut Anders

View raw message