db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Derby release
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 12:00:11 GMT
Brett Wooldridge <brett.wooldridge@gmail.com> writes:

> Any ETA on a 10.9.1.1 release? My company is waiting on the fix for
> Derby-4279 ("Statement cache deadlock"), and we've got our own release
> in about a month. Would be great to pick-up this fix.

Hi Brett,

The dates haven't been decided yet, but there was some discussion about
releasing 10.9.2 fairly shortly after 10.8.3. See this thread:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/201210.mbox/%3C5072F9D3.4040702%40sbcglobal.net%3E

End of November was mentioned. Not sure if that was meant to be the
target for starting the vetting/voting or actually releasing it.

> Alternatively, is there away we can compile our own 10.9.1.1 in a way
> that will be updatable (DB file compatible) with an official version
> of the same?

With the caveat that we don't test that upgrade scenario, upgrade from
an arbitrary point on a stable branch to a newer released version is
supposed to work. So if you build your own jars from head of the 10.9
branch, upgrade to 10.9.2 should in theory not cause any problems.

If you do that, you'll probably want to help testing the 10.9.2 release
candidate to verify that it doesn't get released with a problem
upgrading from your custom build. The upgrade tests in the repository
have an option to run against custom builds, which would be a useful
sanity check.

-- 
Knut Anders

Mime
View raw message