db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mamta Satoor <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failed to invoke class org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.compatibility._Suite
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 18:13:11 GMT
Hi Kristian,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have always run the tests off of
classes. I can start building the jars and include derbyrun.jar and
derbyTesting.jar in my classpath before firing the tests.

As for the old released jars for upgrade testing, I very rarely use
derbyTesting.oldReleasePath(only when I don't have access to the
internet). I use following to start suites.All and I am assuming, it
picked up the released jar files from Apache Derby since I didn't
specify derbyTesting.oldReleasePath. Is it correct that if
derbyTesting.oldReleasePath is not set, we go to Apache Derby website
to get the released jars?

time java  -Dderby.tests.trace=true junit.textui.TestRunner
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.suites.All > runall.out 2>&1

thanks,
Mamta