db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Draft Release Notes for 10.8.3
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 18:47:27 GMT
Hi Kathey,

The release notes look good to me. However, the summary sections for the
two detailed release notes are too long. In the releaseNote.html
template, the header comment for the summary section says that that
section is supposed to be one line. I have checked in a new version of
the template which amplifies and explains that advice: The summary
section should be a one line, one sentence description suitable for use
as the title for the issue in the Issues section of the full Release
Notes. I recommend shortening the summaries to something like the following:

DERBY-5564:

The SQL state of the error returned from a lock timeout when the
property "derby.locks.deadlockTrace=true" is set will return 40XL1
rather than 40XL2.

DERBY-4631:

In Derby 10.7.1.1, triggers can lead to data corruption.

Thanks,
-Rick