db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Draft Release Notes for 10.8.3
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 14:53:50 GMT
On 10/24/12 4:13 PM, Katherine Marsden wrote:
> Hello Derby-dev,
>
> Attached are the draft release notes for 10.8.3.   They actually say
> 10.8.2.3 because until I merge the versions the tool cannot be
> generated with  10.8.3 as the release version.
>

> Please review.   I do have one question on the tool and generation.
> The output says one issue was "disqualified".  Is there a simple way
> to tell which one and why are issues disqualified? Is it because the
> issue is also marked fixed in an earlier version?
Hi Kathey,

Yes, that is my understanding of what that diagnostic means. This
message comes from the persistFilterResult() method of
tools/release/jirasoap/src/main/java/org/apache/derbyBuild/jirasoap/FilteredIssueLister.java.

I believe this is the code which counts the qualified issues:

             // This will throw exception if the target version isn't in
the list
             // of fix versions, and return null if the issue has been dis-
             // qualified because it has already been fixed in an ancestor.
             String fixVersions = stringifyAndCheckFixVersions(ri.getKey(),
                     ri.getFixVersions(), excludeList, targetVersion);
             if (fixVersions == null) {
                 continue;
             }

I don't see any easy way of getting the extra information you want other
than putting some extra diagnostics inside that code block.

Hope this helps,
-Rick