db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Katherine Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Is there value in closing bugs vs just resolving?
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2012 23:36:21 GMT
On 9/13/2012 3:49 PM, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> I thought the idea was that resolving is was done by the person who
> worked the issue, the closing was to be done by the person who logged
> the issue, to indicate agreement with the resolution.
Yes, does that have any reporting value vs just adding a comment? If so,
I suppose the folks resolving the issue could just make a note to add
the label when resolving for issues that are not suitable for backport
as well as make a note to check the other pertinent information  so
reopens  won't be as necessary.

OR

I could stop whining as I only have to do this a few times a year #:)