db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Derby Key Words
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 21:29:19 GMT
On 9/5/12 7:02 AM, David Myers wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Bryan, thanks for the info (although I was using 'locate' on my ubuntu
> box, and it still didn't find it ?) I'll have a look tonight.
>
> Kathey, I don't intend to modify the file, just grab the contents, if
> possible an without using a file Input Stream
Hi David,

Note that the keywords appear in an array of String constants that are
generated by javacc into
trunk/generated/java/org/apache/derby/impl/sql/compile/SQLParserConstants.java.
That may be a more straightforward way to get your hands on the keywords
but it may require understanding more about how the generated grammar
behaves and it may involve building a compile time tool which scrapes
the keywords out of SQLParserConstants. I am waving my hands, of course.

Hope this helps,
-Rick