db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse juno.
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 15:54:17 GMT
On 9/4/12 11:38 AM, Me wrote:

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Sep 4, 2012, at 4:17 AM, Rick Hillegas<rick.hillegas@oracle.com>  wrote:
>
>> On 9/3/12 4:29 PM, Pendo826 wrote:
>>> Hey i am currently a student in computing in games development.  And recently
i have found the derby plug-in for eclipse to be most useful and i was just using the newest
eclipse juno today and i was saddened to see the UI derby plugin does not work and i was wondering
will this be available soon?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Conor Pendlebury.
>> Hi Conor,
>>
>> 10.8.2.2 was the last Derby release which contained Eclipse plugins. I'm not an Eclipse
user myself so I can't tell you whether the 10.8.2.2 plugins work with 10.9.1.0.

>> Maybe someone knowledgeable could write a wiki page explaining how to build the Eclipse
plugins.

>> Hope this helps,
>> -Rick
> The instructions for building the plugins are in a read me file at the top of the plugin
directory underneath the main derby directory.

> So to start, one will need to follow the steps for checking out a derby branch. Then
you need all the tools to build derby as described here:
> http://db.apache.org/derby/dev/derby_source.html#How+to+build+Derby
>
> Then you can use an eclipse installation to build and create the plugins as per the read
me.

> Regards,
> Myrna
Thanks, Myrna. I've linked to the README from
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyDevHowTo.