db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Me <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse juno.
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 15:38:00 GMT

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 4, 2012, at 4:17 AM, Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com> wrote:

> On 9/3/12 4:29 PM, Pendo826 wrote:
>> Hey i am currently a student in computing in games development.  And recently i have
found the derby plug-in for eclipse to be most useful and i was just using the newest eclipse
juno today and i was saddened to see the UI derby plugin does not work and i was wondering
will this be available soon?
>> Thanks,
>> Conor Pendlebury.
> Hi Conor,
>
> 10.8.2.2 was the last Derby release which contained Eclipse plugins. I'm not an Eclipse
user myself so I can't tell you whether the 10.8.2.2 plugins work with 10.9.1.0.

> Maybe someone knowledgeable could write a wiki page explaining how to build the Eclipse
plugins.

> Hope this helps,
> -Rick

The instructions for building the plugins are in a read me file at the top of the plugin directory
underneath the main derby directory.

So to start, one will need to follow the steps for checking out a derby branch. Then you need
all the tools to build derby as described here:
http://db.apache.org/derby/dev/derby_source.html#How+to+build+Derby

Then you can use an eclipse installation to build and create the plugins as per the read me.

Regards,
Myrna