db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From dag.wan...@oracle.com (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: Java 7 try-with-resources (AutoClosable) on Derby connections with auto-commit off
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2012 00:42:30 GMT

Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com> writes:

> I remain concerned about backward compatibility and would object to
> option (3).

If Knut's analysis holds (I think it does), how do you see backward
compatibility being a problem, Rick? It seems to me this could
potentially trip up developers used to the old Derby behavior, but not
apps developed against Derby with the existing behavior. I'd say that is
an accentable price to pay in this case, given proper release note heads
up.

Dag