db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Myers <david.myers.scibearsp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby Key Words
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 15:09:31 GMT
Hello Rik,

I thought the JIRA references would help.

> Is it fair to say that you want to give users a programmatic way to list out
> all of the Derby keywords, reserved and non-reserved, regardless of whether
> they are keywords in the 2003 rev of the SQL Standard? The point of
> producing this list is to help developers and IDEs avoid using these words
> as names of tables, columns, routines, etc..

Exactly. As I say I already have the java / sql statements to do this
(although I have copy / pasted the values from the web page rather
than grabbing them from the system), I just need to know where I
should plant them, and how to test that I don't break anything in the
process ;) !

There are a few other interesting 'beginner' problems on the issues
page that I may have a go at afterwards, for now I have an itch I want
to scratch!

David.