db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Myers <david.myers.scibearsp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby Key Words
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 21:56:41 GMT
Rick,

I intend to do this during my spare time, even though the need first
arose whilst I was at work, this for me will be a strict 'hour or so
every in an evening (possibly also weekends... if I'm not busy
breaking / renovating the house, taking children to sports clubs etc).

I think your solution of a table function should work well enough.
>From the few table functions I have used, I notice that I was also
able to get the same info from a join of 2 system tables. Is this how
they generally work (I call the function and an SQL command runs in
the background)? Also would it not make some sense to have a method
within the databaseMetaData object thqt would return either the list
of values (after calling the new function) or take a string argument
and return true (the argument is equivalent to a key word) or false.

I guess a function somewhat like this must already exist somewhere
that looks for the key words in any sql commands - and kicks out an
appropriate error message.

I'll have a quick look at the file you mention tomorrow.

On my original post I mentioned I use eclipse, are there any
instructions on how to get eclipse to 'see' the project, I prefer the
interface for eclipse over the rather basic editor on L-Ubuntu (and I
never really got the hang of emacs or vi), or is there another
prefered development platform?.

Thanks

David.