db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <kristian.waa...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Derby html doc with IE9
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 17:49:32 GMT
On 13.08.2012 18:00, Katherine Marsden wrote:
> I heard an anecdotal report from a user that the derby html
> documentation at http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.9/ref/ was just
> showing garbage. He is using IE9. Should Derby doc worth with IE9? Has
> anyone tried it?

Just tried with IE8, and with the Getting Started manual I get this when
I view the source:
"""
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv=Content-Type></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>
�L
"""

Not sure how that last line will turn out in your email clients, but it
is indeed garbage and you can see that the body-tag is empty. Nothing is
rendered in the browser. We are using frames though - that's not exactly
state-of-the-art... We are also using the wrong DOCTYPE. I'm suspecting
that the HTML is invalid too, but haven't checked.

--
Kristian