db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Testing Derby OSGi bundle
Date Sun, 05 Aug 2012 16:30:47 GMT
> I found the Pax Exam framework [1] can be used to achieve this easily. Using Pax Exam
we could write a normal JUnit test and it
> will start an OSGi framework and installs a set of bundles we specify (which would include
the Derby bundle in this case) and
> then the JUnit test will be installed as a bundle. Then the tests would be invoked.

Hi Nufail,

This sounds like a very promising approach!

How are your results with this technique? It would be very interesting
to see what a test like this looks like, even a very simple test.

If you have been able to construct a test in this style, I think it would
be great if you could attach it to a JIRA issue so that we could better
understand the approach.

Do you anticipate that the testing framework would be downloaded (via Maven)
by the test scripts? Or would we reference it from our tools/java
directory like we do with other external jar files?

Also, do I understand correctly that the Pax Exam framework is
Apache-licensed? I found this reference:
https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.exam2/blob/master/LICENSE

thanks,

bryan